Mortuary Science Degree Graduation Requirements
Requirements for Graduation
- The required passing grade of seventy-five must be achieved in all courses of instruction. Students, however, may achieve an average of seventy-five encompassing all four quarters, or attain a passing grade of seventy-five on the fourth quarter comprehensive examinations.
- Students must not exceed 80 total hours of unexcused absence.
- Students must receive the recommendation of the faculty.
- Students must satisfy all indebtedness to the College.
- Students must successfully complete the Worsham College Capstone.
Graduation exercises are held on the date specified on the College calendar. Commencement is held in the evening and consists of a formal dinner followed by the presentation of diplomas and class awards. The keynote speaker is a distinguished person in or related to the funeral service profession. The College covers the cost for the graduating student. Graduates may invite guests at their expense.
The International Conference of Funeral Service Examining Boards, (ICFSEB), administers a computer based licensing examination, which is accepted nationally.
The annual passage rate of first-time takers on the National Board Examination, (NBE) for the most recent three year period for this institution and all ABFSE accredited funeral service programs is posted at www.abfse.org