Worsham College Mission
To inspire our students to achieve academic and professional excellence by providing quality instruction aimed with the highest of ethical and moral standards, while remaining innovative in our quest to continually strive to advance the funeral service profession as a whole.
Students attending Worsham College come from all 50 states and many foreign countries.
- On-Campus applicants are accepted into the program for March and September start dates
- Online applicants are accepted into the program for May and September start dates
I. To educate students concerning the responsibilities of the funeral service profession to the community at large.
II. To expand the background of students concerning the funeral service profession.
III. To emphasize high standards of ethical conduct.
IV. To educate the student in every phase of funeral service, and to help enable them to develop the proficiency and skills necessary for the profession.
V. To provide the student with a distinguished faculty of funeral service professionals who are experts in their field of instruction.
VI. To encourage research in the field of funeral service.
VII. To encourage students to capitalize upon the opportunities available to them by joining state and national associations.
VIII. To provide a quality education at the post secondary level for a highly respected profession.
Worsham College recognizes the importance of funeral service education personnel as:
- members of a human service profession;
- members of the community in which they serve;
- participants in the relationship between bereaved families and those engaged in the funeral service profession;
- professionals knowledgeable of and compliant with federal, state, and provincial/territorial, and local regulatory guidelines, (in the geographic area where they practice), as well as
- Professionals sensitive to the responsibility for public health, safety and welfare in caring for human remains.