- You must adopt an awareness of the important role you will assume as a funeral service professional in the community.
- The intimacy that you will establish in your relationship with the bereaved families must be held in confidence.
- It will be your responsibility to recognize and practice all aspects of caring for human remains to insure the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
- You will be expected to practice the highest standards of ethical conduct required to uphold the dignity of funeral service.
The Worsham Oath
I do solemnly swear, by that which I hold most sacred:
- That I shall be loyal to the funeral service profession, and just and generous to its members;
- That I shall lead my life and practice my art in uprightness and honor;
- That into whatsoever house I shall enter, it shall be for the benefit and comfort of those bereaved;
- That I shall obey civil laws;
- That I shall hold inviolate all professional confidences;
- And that I shall be faithful to those who place their trust in me.
While I continue to keep this oath, may it be granted to me to enjoy honor, in my life and in my profession, and may I be respected by all people for all time.
Presented by Worsham College of Mortuary Science.