Excused absences consist of:
- A physician’s letter stating that you were in his/her office due to illness, (routine appointments may be scheduled after class or Friday-Sunday, and therefore, do not constitute an excused absence).
- Attending the funeral of a close family member or friend.
- Interviews for internship position documented by the prospective employer.
- Documented jury duty or other court obligation.
- Documented National Guard or other military duties.
When an excuse is presented to the office for consideration to be excuses, it is important that the notation on the memo or letter clearly states the name of the student and the actual day(s) absent from classes.
Updated July 2019